Thursday, January 4, 2007

Start Out Slow!

I am starting my blog with some background information on some of the things that I have learned in the short time I have been doing mosaics before I just jump in with a full blown project.

One of the things that I have found out when I started doing mosaics is to start out slow. I would find something that would interest me and get supplies for it and go to start to find that maybe I should have used a different type of tile or I had a dozen questions when I actually started.

This may have been from poor preparation, not enough research or just plain excited to get going on a project. What ever the reason I have learned to start out slow till I am positive that I know what I am doing for every step of that project.

The best thing that I have done since I started is to designate a permanent space for doing my projects. I have included a picture of my work space for you to look at. It is not anything extravagant, but serves the purpose.

Hope you enjoyed this post and am looking forward to any comments or questions that you may have. I am in no way an expert, but I will do everything possible to find the answer for you. So till next post, have a great mosaic day!

No comments: